Zellers return to Canada includes two Ottawa stores, one in Gatineau
Posted Jan 18, 2023 02:20:00 PM.
Zellers has unveiled the first 25 locations for its new in-store experience inside Hudson's Bay Stores, including two in Ottawa and one in Gatineau.
The Hudson's Bay locations at the St. Laurent Centre, the Rideau Centre and Les Promenades Gatineau will house the new Zellers stores, which will be between 8,000 and 10,000 square feet in size.
The brick-and-mortar locations will also complement the first-ever Zellers.ca e-commerce site, which is set to be launched simultaneously, sometime in the spring of 2023.
As of Wednesday, Jan. 18, shoppers can sign up for updates on Zellers.ca, the future home of Zellers' fully integrated e-commerce platform.
Zellers launch communities:
- Erin Mills, Mississauga
- Burlington Mall, Burlington
- White Oaks Mall, London
- Scarborough Town Centre , Scarborough
- Pen Centre Shopping Plaza, St. Catharines
- Cambridge Centre, Cambridge
- Rideau Centre, Ottawa
- St. Laurent Centre, Ottawa
- Cataraqui Town Centre , Kingston
- Place Rosemère, Rosemère
- Galeries d'Anjou, Ville Anjou
- Carrefour de l'Estrie, Sherbrooke
- Les Promenades Gatineau, Gatineau
- Les Galeries de la Capitale, Quebec City
- Pacific Centre, Downtown Vancouver
- Aberdeen Mall, Kamloops
- Guildford Town Centre, Surrey
- 7 Oaks Shopping Centre, Abbotsford
- Kingsway Garden Mall, Edmonton
- Medicine Hat Mall, Medicine Hat
- Sunridge Mall, Calgary
- Midtown Plaza, Saskatoon
- St. Vital, Winnipeg
- Micmac Mall, Dartmouth
- Mayflower Shopping Mall, Sydney
“You want to resurrect a brand that very few people have a relationship with,” said George Minakakis, chief executive officer (CEO) of Inception Retail Group on Wake Up With Rob Snow on Jan. 19.
Minakakis said Zellers offers lower prices, and having shops set up in Bay locations is quite confusing.
“I think as a brand, it could damage the Bay,” he said. “It just doesn't make sense.”
Listen to the interview with George Minakakis below: