Ottawa firefighters prevent residential dryer fire in Orléans from spreading

There are no injuries after a late-night dryer fire in Orléans.

Around 10 p.m. on Tuesday, June 11, Ottawa Fire Services (OFS) responded to a two-storey terrace home in the 0-100 block of Lakepointe Drive, after a 9-1-1 caller reported that their dryer had caught fire.

Firefighters arrived on scene within five minutes of being dispatched and confirmed the main level had filled with smoke.

The resident informed OFS that everyone had made it out of the home safely and knocked on neighbours’ doors to advise them to exit.

Officials initiated a fast attack and made their way to the basement where the dryer was located.

The fire was extinguished less than ten minutes after crews arrived on scene and the flames were contained to the dryer.

Fire crews used a thermal imaging camera to confirm the fire did not extend into the walls and the home was ventilated of residual smoke using high pressure fans.

The scene was cleared at 10:48 p.m.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today