As the National Military Cemetery of Canada, our every-day is dedicated to delivering high-quality service to
honor our ancestors and set a precedent for future generations; we are Beechwood Funeral, Cemetery and
Cremation Services. Located on Beechwood Avenue in Ottawa, we operate on a not-for-profit basis and provide
funeral, cemetery, and cremation services.
We are excited to be growing our team and we are looking for a Bilingual Funeral Director.
Beechwood is guided by the following core values in its relations with families, partners, stakeholders, and
• Service Excellence
• Dignity and Respect
• Empathy, Sensitivity and Compassion
• Open, Honest and Transparent Communication
What you’ll Need for the Position:
• A Class 1 Funeral Director license
• A valid Ontario G class driver’s license
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Funeral Director
What to Expect:
• Arranging and conducting funerals, requiring exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both
verbal and written.
• Understand the important relationship between the funeral home and the cemetery property to ensure a
cohesive and collegial working environment.
• Helping to make Beechwood as exceptional as it can be, you’ll work with your team to always ensure our
clients and families are cared for and supported during their time of need.
• Being self-motivated and driven to provide exceptional care, you’ll work effectively independently and as
part of a team to perform on-call responsibilities, including taking first calls, conversing with families,
answering questions, providing guidance and delivering quality service.
• Promoting a safe work environment, practicing universal precautions and experience in preparation room
duties: you’ll champion safe conduct and ensure you and your co-workers are as safe as possible.
More About Us:
Beechwood, Funeral, Cemetery and Cremation Services is owned by The Beechwood Cemetery Foundation and
operated by The Beechwood Cemetery Company. The Beechwood Cemetery Foundation is a not-for-profit
organization and a registered Canadian charity. Beechwood is governed by an active volunteer Board of
Directors. It is the only organization of its kind in Ottawa.
Attached to its 19th-century stone office building is Beechwood’s 7,000-square-foot state-of-the-art reception
centre that provides families with classic comfort. With its sunlit wall-to-wall windows, the inviting warmth of
fireplaces, and bright and gleaming hardwood floors, the centre provides reception rooms, family meeting rooms
and catering facilities.Whatever a family’s wishes might be, Beechwood has comfortable and beautiful facilities to
How to Apply?
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply directly to Isabelle Gallen, Manager of Funeral
Services, via email at: email@example.com.
Thank you for considering joining the Beechwood team! We look forward to hearing from you! Only those who
will be selected will be contacted.