Skip to content
live

Good morning, Ottawa!

USED2018-04-27 Mooney's Bay MV1
Mooney's Bay Park and Beach. Mike Vlasveld/ OttawaMatters

Today we will see increasing cloudiness with a 70 per cent chance of showers in the afternoon and the risk of a thunderstorm.

Wind is southwest at 30 km/h gusting to 50 late in the morning. The humidex will make today's high of 22C feel more like 25C and the UV index is 5 or moderate.

Later in the day skies are mainly cloudy with a 70 per cent chance of showers changing to 30 per cent chance of showers in the evening.

There is a risk of a thunderstorm early in the evening and the wind is southwest at 20 km/h, becoming light near midnight. Low 13.

Don't forget to check on the latest local gas prices, which are also listed on this page.



Current Weather

Clear

Clear

-27.9°C

Pressure
103.6 falling
Visibility
24.1 km
Dewpoint
-30.4 °C
Humidity
79%
Wind
NE 10 km/h

Radar Satellite


12 Hour Forecast

Today
3 AM
-30°C
Clear
Today
4 AM
-30°C
Clear
Today
5 AM
-30°C
Clear
Today
6 AM
-31°C
Clear
Today
7 AM
-31°C
Partly cloudy
Today
8 AM
-28°C
A mix of sun and cloud
Today
9 AM
-26°C
A mix of sun and cloud
Today
10 AM
-23°C
A mix of sun and cloud
Today
11 AM
-21°C
A mix of sun and cloud
Today
12 PM
-18°C
A mix of sun and cloud
Today
1 PM
-16°C
A mix of sun and cloud
Today
2 PM
-15°C
A mix of sun and cloud

7 Day Forecast

Clear

Tonight

-31 °C

Clear. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 30 this evening and minus 36 overnight. Risk of frostbite.


Increasing cloudiness

Saturday

-14 °C

Increasing cloudiness late in the morning. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 14. Wind chill minus 37 in the morning and minus 20 in the afternoon. Risk of frostbite. UV index 1 or low.


Flurries

Saturday night

-14 °C

Mainly cloudy. A few flurries beginning in the evening and ending overnight then 30 percent chance of flurries. Local amount 2 cm. Wind up to 15 km/h. Temperature steady near minus 14. Wind chill near minus 20.


A mix of sun and cloud

Sunday

-10 °C

A mix of sun and cloud. High minus 10.


Clear

Sunday night

-26 °C

Clear. Low minus 26.


Periods of snow

Monday

-13 °C

Periods of snow. High minus 13.


Periods of snow

Monday night

-14 °C

Periods of snow. Low minus 14.


Cloudy

Tuesday

-8 °C

Cloudy. High minus 8.


Cloudy periods

Tuesday night

-26 °C

Clearing. Low minus 26.


Sunny

Wednesday

-16 °C

Sunny. High minus 16.


Clear

Wednesday night

-20 °C

Clear. Low minus 20.


A mix of sun and cloud

Thursday

-9 °C

Increasing cloudiness. High minus 9.


Yesterday

Low
-30.2 °C
High
-17.7 °C
Precipitation
0 mm

Normals

Low
-15.7 °C
High
-6.3 °C
Average
-11.0 °C

Sunrise and Sunset

Sunrise
7:33 AM
Sunset
4:54 PM

Record Values

Type Year Value
Max 1957 7.2 C
Min 1943 -31.1 C
Rainfall 1957 22.9 mm
Snowfall 1941 21.6 cm
Precipitation 1957 33.5 mm
Snow On Ground 1979 71.0 cm

Based on Environment Canada data

Rogers Sports & Media
2001 Thurston Drive Ottawa, ON, K1G 6C9
© 2006-2022 Rogers Sports & Media. All rights reserved.
Be the first to read breaking stories. Allow browser notifications on your device. What are browser notifications?
No thanks