The Hawkesbury Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has arrested and charged one person in relation to a child luring investigation.
On Dec, 6 Marc-Aurele St-Amour, 34, from Hawkesbury, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Adult luring a person under 18 by means of telecommunication
- Adult uttering threats - cause death or bodily harm
- Adult sexual assault
- Adult sexual interference
- Adult making sexually explicit material available to a person under 18
- Adult supplying tobacco to a person who is less than 19 - two counts
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 21, 2022 at the Ontario Court of Justice in l'Orignal.