A 38-year-old man in Quinte West is being charged after a 3-year-old child consumed cannabis edibles and ended up in hospital.
According to the Quinte West detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), officers attended a residence on Fish and Game Club Road, north of Trenton, after receiving a 911 call about a child who ingested a large quantity cannabis edibles.
As a result, the child was transported to hospital in life-threatening but stable condition.
The OPP conducted an investigation, and as a result a 38-year-old man was charged with criminal negligence causing harm.
The accused was released on an undertaking and is scheduled to appear in court in March.
The OPP is reminding residents that edibles can look like treats or candy to a child, so they must always be kept out of reach of children.
Parents are urged to call 911 if they suspect their child has consumed cannabis edibles.