The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has laid charges against an Ottawa man after a drug bust in Perth.
On Thursday, January 13, members of the Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) and the Lanark County Detachment of the OPP executed a search warrant and seized suspected crack, cocaine, oxycodone and psilocybin, with an estimated street value of over $5,000.
Officers also seized a kukri-style machete and around $950 in Canadian currency.
Mal Dhomi, 21, of Ottawa, faces the following charges:
- Possession of substance Schedule I - Cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of Substance Schedule I - Crack for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of Substance Schedule I - Oxycodone
- Possession of Substance Schedule III - Psilocybin
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Possession of Property obtained by crime under $5,000
The accused was taken into custody to be held for bail.