A joint police investigation has led to seven child pornography charges against a South Glengarry man.
The investigation involved members of the Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry (SD&G) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Crime Unit, the OPP Digital Forensic Unit, Child Sexual Exploitation Unit, RCMP, United Kingdom police and the Cornwall Police Service.
On Friday, February 26, a 28-year-old man was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Adult Possession of Child Pornography
- Possession for the Purpose of Distribution or Sale any Child Pornography
- Failure to comply with release order
- Invitation to Sexual Touching under 16 years of age
- Sexual Assault on a Person Under 16 years of age
- Sexual Interference
- Possession for the Purpose of Publication any Child Pornography
The accused, whose name is being withheld to protect the victim, was held in custody for a bail hearing in Cornwall.