The City of Ottawa says three OC Transpo employees have tested positive for COVID-19, including two bus drivers.
OC Transpo says it's working with Ottawa Public Health (OPH) to conduct contact tracing of anyone who may have been in close contact with the employee. In this case, OPH has advised that the key dates are the 48-hour period prior to the onset of symptoms; which are January 21 and 22.
The city says OPH is following up with family and friends who may have been in close contact with the employees.
The first driver worked from 3:55 p.m. to 12:23 a.m. on January 21 on bus #4725. The employee did not work on January 22.
- Route 7: St. Laurent Station 3:55 pm to Carleton University 5:12 pm
- Route 7: Carleton University 5:21 pm to St. Laurent Station 6:37 pm
- Route 18: St. Laurent Station 6:52 pm to Parliament Station 7:28 pm
- Route 18: Parliament Station 7:38 pm to St. Laurent Station 8:10 pm
- Route 25: Carson & Montreal Road 8:58 pm to Millennium Park 9:44 pm
- Route 30: Millennium Park 9:53 pm to Blair Station 10:19 pm
- Route 30: Blair Station 10:33 pm to Jeanne D'Arc & Innes 10:45 pm
- Route 138: Orleans Station 11:00 pm to Vantage Vanguard 11:37 pm
- Route 138: Vantage Vanguard 11:42 pm to St. Louis Drive 12:23 am
The second driver worked from 4:03 p.m. to 1:45 a.m. on January 21 on bus #6489. The driver did not work in a public facing role on January 22.
- Route 235: Blair Station 4:03 pm to Gardenway Dr and Portobello Rd 4:34 pm
- Route 12: Blair Station 4:57 pm to Parliament Station 5:54 pm
- Route 12: Parliament Station 6:10 pm to Blair Station 7:08 pm
- Route 12: Blair Station 7:27 pm to Parliament Station 8:08 pm
- Route 12: Parliament Station 8:23 pm to Blair Station 9:09 pm
- Route 12: Blair Station 9:27 pm to Parliament Station 10:03 pm
- Route 12: Parliament Station 10:22 pm to Blair Station 11:04 pm
- Route 12: Blair Station 11:12 pm to Parliament Station 11:46 pm
- Route 12: Parliament Station 11:58 pm to Blair Station 12:38 am
- Route 12: Blair Station 1:14 am to Parliament Station 1:45 am
No information was released about the third employee.
The employees are all currently self isolating at home.
If customers have concerns about exposure, they can contact Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-6744 to speak to a public health nurse or visit ottawapublichealth.ca