Skip to content
live
live

Transportation Safety Board release on derailed train catches City of Ottawa off-guard

The incident is still being assessed by a team of investigators.

The Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB) says it will be sharing information with both the City of Ottawa and media outlets next time there is an update about its investigation into a local train derailment.

City of Ottawa General Manager of Transportation Service John Manconi called out local reporters for 'speculating' on an investigation into the most recent O-Train derailment, even though it was information provided directly by the TSB.

The TSB released a statement to the media Tuesday, September 21, with previously unreleased information about the September 19 LRT train derailment. It said the train derailed as it entered Tremblay Station, around 12:15 p.m. on Sunday before continuing its trip over the Riverside Drive rail bridge -- all while still derailed. 

Manconi quickly backtracked on his original statement after he was contacted by the TSB advising that they released the new details regarding the LRT derailment to the media, and also to apologize to city officials. 
 
The incident is still being assessed by a team of TSB investigators.




Comments


Victoria Williston

About the Author: Victoria Williston

Stay connected by listening to the capital's favourite morning show with Victoria Williston and Andrew Boyle on CityNews Ottawa between 5 a.m. and 9 a.m. on 101.1 FM or 1310 AM.
Read more
Rogers Sports & Media
2001 Thurston Drive Ottawa, ON, K1G 6C9
© 2006-2021 Rogers Sports & Media. All rights reserved.