The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is laying a number of charges, including assault with a weapon, after officers chased a stolen pickup truck in Morrisburg.
Police were called to investigate a stolen vehicle on Carraway Crescent in the town around 6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 13.
Officers soon spotted the vehicle, but its driver refused to pull over and continued on a reckless path. Police say the truck hit two police vehicles and fled the area.
The vehicle was followed to an ATV trail where the driver got out of the vehicle and was arrested a short distance into the trail.
No one was injured in the chase or arrest.
Brendon Charbonneau, age 20, Navan, Ontario was arrested and is charged with:
- Flight from peace officer
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
- Assault with a weapon (two counts)
- Theft under $5000
- Dangerous operation
- Fail to comply with release order
- Fail to comply with probation order (six counts)
- Drive - No licence (two counts)
- Use plates not authorized (two counts)
The accused was held in custody and was scheduled to appear at the Ontario court of justice in Cornwall on October 14, 2021.