Police have charged an individual in connection to a string of break and enters that happened in the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark County area.
According to Leeds OPP, received reports of multiple vehicle thefts and residential break-ins between November 24 and December 17, 2021 across various townships that also included Elizabethtown-Kitley, Front of Yonge and Athens.
Video footage of the suspect was obtained and social media posts assisted in identifying the accused.
As a result, 51-year-old Terry Warner of Brockville was charged with 21 Criminal Code offences that include:
- Three counts of possession of property obtain by crime over $5,000;
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Eight counts of break and enter dwelling house with intent to commit indictable offence;
- Two counts of break and enter dwelling house - commit indictable offence;
- Disguise with intent;
- Two counts of theft under $5,000;
- Dangerous operation;
- Flights from peace officer.
The accused remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brockville.