A 20-year-old Ottawa man is facing a list of weapon-related charges after a shooting in the area of Iris Street and Cobden Road.
Officers responded to a call of shots fired in the area just southeast of Ottawa's IKEA, around 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 19.
Police say they were able to identify the shooter and arrested him near his home shortly after.
No one was injured in the shooting.
Hasan Hosseini has been charged with:
- Pointing a firearm
- Discharge a firearm being reckless as to the life or safety of another person
- Use/handle/store firearm carelessly (two counts)
- Contravene section 117(H) of the Firearms Act Regulation
- Possess weapon for committing an offence
- Possess restricted or prohibited firearm without holding a licence and registration (two counts)
- Occupy motor vehicle with firearm
- Possess loaded regulated firearm
- Possess firearm obtained by crime (two counts)
- Possess prohibited ammunition knowing no authority (two counts)
Hosseini is scheduled to appear in court, Friday.
Investigators would like to speak with anyone who may have information about this incident. They are also looking for anyone who may have been in the area and may have dashcam or security footage.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Guns and Gangs Unit at 613-236-1222 ext. 5050.
Anonymous tips can be submitted by calling Crime Stoppers toll-free at 1-800-222-8477 or at crimestoppers.ca.