Ottawa police are charging two men, ages 22 and 21, after a shooting in the area of Gladstone Avenue and Lebreton Street.
Officers say multiple witnesses saw a man point a gun and shoot while in a vehicle, around 3:30 p.m., Sunday, February 21. The vehicle then drove away.
The suspected vehicle was spotted by police a short time later, on the Sir John A MacDonald Parkway and on Island Park Drive.
Two men were arrested.
Officers say they found property damage in the Centretown West neighbourhood, and recovered shell casings, but they haven't found anyone with injuries related to the incident.
Yousuf Nabi and Shaeed Beaubrun, both of Ottawa, have been charged with:
- Discharging a firearm with intent to wound, endanger life or prevent arrest.
- Use, Handle, Store firearm carelessly
- Possession of firearm other than restricted/prohibited without holding a licence
- Possession of firearm other than restricted/prohibited knowingly not holding a licence
- Possession of a loaded regulated firearm
- Occupy a motor vehicle with firearm
Both are scheduled to appear in court, Monday.