Police have seized large amounts of meth and cocaine, along with a few weapons, after a raiding dozens of properties in the Hawkesbury area and Grenville area of Quebec.
The Ontario Provincial Police Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau and Community Street Crime Unit, along with the Surete du Quebec had been targeting a drug trafficking network in the region for eight months leading up to Wednesday, February 6.
As a result of "Project Amberjack," police officers executed 14 search warrants simultaneously in the Town of Hawkesbury, Grenville Quebec, and the surrounding areas. More than 160 officers were involved in Wednesday's take down at nine residences in Ontario, and five in Quebec.
Police found over 3,000 meth tablets, over half a kilogram of cocaine, 16 fentanyl patches, a variety of other illegal drugs and paraphernalia associated with drug trafficking. A large amount of Canadian and United States currency, cell phones, three firearms with ammunition, prohibited weapons, devices, and five vehicles were also seized.
Investigators have arrested and charged 20 people under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and under the Criminal Code of Canada.
"The individuals arrested today are the ones putting illegal and dangerous drugs into the hands of our children, our neighbours and others in your community," said OPP Superintendent Bryan MacKillop, Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau. "The OPP and our law enforcement partners are committed to taking illegal drugs off the streets and relentlessly pursuing those who provide drugs to local dealers. We are not done yet."
Charged with conspiracy to commit an indictable offence:
- Martin Ladouceur, 30, of Hawkesbury
- Denis Tasse, 34, of Lachute
- Corey Viger, 30, of Deux-Montagnes
Charged with trafficking in schedule I substance - cocaine:
- Marc-Andre Proulx, 24, of Hawkesbury
- Michel Menard, 59, of Hawkesbury
- Salah Sibera, 52, of Hawkesbury
- Daniel Brown, 44, of Vankleek Hill
- Sylvain Cater, 48, of Hawkesbury
- Gilles Degrobois, 36, of Grenville, QC
- Ozzy Campbell, 28, of Grenville, QC
Charged with trafficking in schedule I substance - methamphetamine:
- Eric Cuerrier, 27, of Hawkesbury
- Stephane Cyr, 48, of Hawkesbury
- Eric Villeneuve, 35, of Hawkesbury
- Laurier Sr Maheu, 53, of Hawkesbury
- Paulette Plouffe, 48, of Hawkesbury
- Wayne Baron, 47, of Hawkesbury
Charged with possession schedule I substance - methamphetamine:
- Francois Lachaine, 38, of East Hawkesbury
- Roch Cayen, 55, of Hawkesbury
One arrest is still pending while two additional accused, in relation to this investigation, are scheduled to appear at court in Quebec.
The investigation is continuing and more charges are pending.