The Ottawa Police Service is asking for the public’s help to identify two men responsible for an armed robbery at a business on Bank Street, in South Keys.
Officers say two men walked into the store on November 14, around 7 p.m., pretending to be clients. One of the men then pulled a handgun from his bag and proceeded to steal money from the till. Afterward, the pair went to the back of the store with the employees and stole several cell phones before leaving on foot.
The first suspect is described as:
- 5’ 8” to 5’ 9” (173 to 175 cm)
- 160 to 165 lbs (73 to 75 kg)
- Wearing an Adidas jacket/sweater with long sleeves and a black hood, three white stripes on both sleeves with writing on the front, baggy grey sweat pants, black running shoes with white around the edge of the soles, white gloves and a black mask covering nose and mouth.
- Carrying a black and red gym bag
- Armed with a handgun
The second suspect is described as:
- 5’ 10” to 6’ 0'' (178 to 183 cm)
- 170 to 180 lbs (77 to 82 kg)
- Was wearing a black hooded jacket, black pants, white running shoes, white gloves, and a blue surgical mask
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call the Ottawa Police Service Robbery Unit at 613-236-1222, ext. 5116.
Anonymous tips can be submitted by calling Crime Stoppers toll-free at 1-800-222-8477 or at crimestoppers.ca.