The Smiths Falls Police Service is charging a 26-year-old man with a number of offences, including assault causing bodily harm, after an incident in the Beckwith Street North area.
Officers responded to the area last Friday, February 19, at 1:14 p.m., and found that a man had broken into a home and assaulted a man inside.
Police say the victim suffered minor injuries.
The suspect was found a short time later and placed under arrest.
Dillion Gemmill is charged with:
- Unlawfully in a dwelling
- Assault causing bodily harm
- Uttering a threat to cause bodily harm
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Breach of his release order (five counts)
- Breach of his probation release order conditions (three counts)
He was held in police custody for a bail hearing.