A couple of people from the Toronto area are facing charges after a traffic stop in Pembroke led to the seizure of cocaine and heroin in Pembroke.
Upper Ottawa Valley (UOV) Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers conducted a traffic stop on Hunter Street around 3 p.m. on Wednesday, September 15.
The driver was arrested on outstanding warrants from the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Police found drugs during their investigation and both occupants of the vehicle were arrested for those offences.
Deandre Kadeem Davis, 30, of Brampton, and Hannah Jardine, 21, of Keswick, have each been charged with:
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking - cocaine
- Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking - heroin
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
Davis was also charged with:
- Class G1 licence holder - unaccompanied by qualified driver
- Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor
Both accused were held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Pembroke on Thursday.