Four people facing charges after police conduct search warrants in Smiths Falls
Posted Nov 18, 2023 01:46:16 PM.
Last Updated Nov 18, 2023 01:46:21 PM.
Members of the Lanark County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have laid several charges against four people after officers executed search warrants in Smiths Falls earlier this week.
On Nov. 16, 2023 members of the OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), Emergency Response Team (ERT), Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), Canine Unit and the Smiths Falls Police Service, conducted two search warrants on Lavinia Street and Aberdeen Avenue in Smiths Falls.
Officers seized a quantity of suspected crystal methamphetamine, suspected cocaine and crack cocaine, suspected psilocybin, a quantity of Canadian currency, ammunition, a knife, an axe, cell phones, tablets and other drug paraphernalia.
Justin McFadden, 38 of Smiths Falls, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – methamphetamine
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order – four counts
- Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
Suzette Evoy, 55, and Dennis Whan, 54, both from Smiths Falls were arrested and charged with possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine and possession of a schedule three substance for the purpose of trafficking.
Billie Carpenter, 29, from Carleton Place was arrested and charged with possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine and possession of a schedule one substance for the purpose of trafficking – methamphetamine.
The accused individuals were all released from custody and are scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Perth on January 29, 2024.