Residents are reminded that starting Friday, Sept. 30 in the evening, a section of Highway 417, between Metcalfe Street and Carling Avenue and Kirkwood Avenue, is scheduled to fully close in both directions starting at 8 p.m and slated to reopen at 6 a.m on Tuesday, Oct. 4.
Lane reductions and ramp closures are scheduled to start at 7 p.m on Friday, Sept. 30 with the full closure of Highway 417 scheduled to be in place by 8 p.m. The closures are required to replace the bridge over Rochester Street.
The following access ramps will also close:
- O’Connor westbound
- Lyon westbound (ongoing)
- Bronson westbound (ongoing)
- Rochester westbound (ongoing)
- Parkdale westbound
- Maitland eastbound
- Carling/Kirkwood eastbound
- Parkdale eastbound
In addition, several municipal road closures are required for this construction:
- Rochester Street closed between Gladstone Avenue and Aberdeen Street from Tuesday, Sept. 20 to Tuesday, Oct. 11.
- Booth Street southbound closed between Gladstone Avenue and Raymond Street from 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4.
- Booth Street northbound closed between Carling Avenue and Raymond Street from 5 p.m Friday, Sept. 30 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4.
- Daniel McCann Street closed between Booth Street and Lebreton Street South from 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30 to 6 a.m Tuesday, Oct. 4.
- Norman Street closed between Booth Street and Rochester Street from 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30 to 6 a.m Tuesday, Oct. 4.
- Raymond Street remains closed between Booth Street and Rochester Street while Orangeville Street remains closed between Rochester Street and Lebreton Street South to facilitate the construction staging (ongoing long-term).
The following detours will be in effect during the closure:
Westbound detour for Highway 417 closure
- Westbound motorists must exit the highway at Metcalfe Street
- Continue westbound on Catherine Street
- Continue onto Raymond Street
- Turn left on Booth Street
- Turn right on Carling Avenue
- Take Highway 417 westbound access ramp from Carling Avenue