Skip to content
live

One person dead at Montebello Rockfest

This is the second straight year that a person has passed away at what is described as Canada's biggest rock music festival.
2018-03-15-rockfest-lineup-abrockfest
Rockfest poster 2018. Photo/ montebellorockfest.com

A 25-year-old man is dead after emergency crews were called to Montebello Rockfest this morning.

Paramedics said they arrived on the scene at 7:47 a.m. Friday, to find a man in cardiac arrest having CPR performed on him.

He was immediately transported to hospital just before 8 a.m., but passed away in hospital.

Police could not confirm whether or not the heart attack was related to a drug overdose, but have said there is no criminal investigation related to the incident.

Paramedics added that there have been nine people taken to hospital since the festival kicked off Thursday. 

A 60-year-old man died at the rock music festival last year after suffering a heart attack.

Rogers Sports & Media
2001 Thurston Drive Ottawa, ON, K1G 6C9
© 2006-2022 Rogers Sports & Media. All rights reserved.
push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks