The Upper Ottawa Valley (UOV) Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) executed a search warrant at a residence in Pembroke recentlly where seven people were arrested and face multiple charges.
On Friday, July 29, 2022, just after 1 p.m., OPP officers from the Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) with assistance from the Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU) the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the OPP Canine Unit executed a warrant on Mary Street in the city of Pembroke.
Officers seized a large quantity of suspected cocaine, crack cocaine, fentanyl and methamphetamine. They also located cash and a handgun while executing the warrant.
Seven people have been arrested and charged.
Brandon Brownlee, 26, from North Algona-Wilberforce Township, Joanne Reis, 60, of Pembroke, Jessica Dumont, 32, from Pembroke, Jevoi Sangster, 18, from Scarborough, Timothy Williams, 18, from Scarborough, and a 17-year-old from Scarborough are charged with:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - cocaine
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with
In addition, Brownlee was charged with failure to comply with undertaking. Sangster has been charged with two counts of failure to comply with a release order and Reis was charged with one count of failure to comply with a release order.
Benjamin Leclaire, 26, from Pembroke is charged with:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - methamphetamine
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - opioid
- Fail to comply with probation order
The name of the youth cannot be released in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act . The accused was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice Youth Division in Pembroke on September 15, 2022.
Reis was held for a bail hearing and remains in custody until the next appearance at the Ontario Court of Justice in Pembroke on August 5, 2022.
The other accused were released from custody and scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Pembroke on September 6, 2022.